SmartCrowd fees are structured in 3 different ways.
- When: This is a one-time fee on entry into each property investment
- Why: This covers the costs associated with elements like escrow services, anti-money laundering compliance checks, property sourcing, due diligence, processing, and 3rd party reports.
- When: This fee is charged quarterly on a pro-rata basis and deducted from your wallet.
- Why: This fee is to provide administration services for the SPV (the investment vehicle) used to protect your investment, complying with regulatory reporting services, and maintaining a secure digital platform.
Furthermore this fees also covers services such as monitoring property management and regular performance reporting back to the investors.
Please note, we start calculating the fee from the day the property is transferred and the transaction concluded rather than from the day we receive your funds. So, you pay when you earn, not when you start using the platform.
- When: This is a percentage of the sale price on exit.
- Why: This goes towards the various legal and administrative management required at the exit.
Why are SmartCrowd fees structured this way?
Because fees don’t have to hold you back! We’ve created a fee structure that ensures more money is in your pocket so you can invest regularly in order for you to compound your returns. In fact, only the entry fee is paid by you.
The Annual Administration and Exit Fees are derived from the returns generated. As fees are the biggest killer of your returns, we want to make sure our fee structure allows you to maximize your returns!